In case you’ve been under a rock for the last week and missed it, Bob Parsons who the boss of GoDaddy has blogged about how he shot an elephant and put a video up on his blog.
Talk about a PR disaster. It has really hurt GoDaddy’s reputation, Bob managed to do that in one shot (if you forgive the pun) You Church, your leadership needs to know that:
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What can possibly go wrong? What is the worst thing that could happen in my ministry/church?
- Who is responsible for fixing it, or making the event/story work?
- What ‘plan B’ do we have in place if something goes wrong?
- Who is responsible for actioning that plan if its needed, and do they have every resource on standby ready to go?
- What policies do we have in place that would prevent this from happening. If it happens, what policies and procedures do we have in place to help bring healing/reconciliation/legal restitution or closure.
What other PR disasters have you seen lately that the church can learn from?