Facebook is doing an amazing job of serving churches this Easter. They have released more new features.
Nona Jones, Head of Faith Partnerships said this:
Good morning, everyone! Our video product team at Facebook has been hard at work to deliver some exciting new enhancements for Live that you will get to enable and experience this weekend and we wanted to make you aware of them now so you can take full advantage.
Please note that the Phone-In on Live feature is not fully rolled out yet, but it has been enabled on a small percentage of Pages and will continue to roll-out over the next few weeks so be on the look-out!
Summary of the new features:
• Host badges for your team so people can trust those who are representing your church on the Facebook Live.
• Embeddable Facebook Live on your church website
• Add a donate button on your Facebook Live video
• Phone in for audio only that is linked to your Facebook Live video (Great for those who aren’t on social media in your church. It’s in beta right now but they are saying they will release it much more widely in the coming weeks. Read more here.
• Live Parallel Viewing – the ability to continue watching live when you click an external link in a live video.
Links with more information below.
1) New FB Live features for faith: https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/570476043562366
2) Enhancements to fundraising: https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/1384876978362683
3) How to enable a Live tab and persistent live URL: https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/629164494303277
4) Phone-In on Live (if you applied for this and were selected, you will receive an email from me today): https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/275981733410844
5) How to schedule a live video: https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/2087325741287572
What would you like to see Facebook to do to help your church? What do you think about these new features?